Commercial Solar Panel Installations
Helping Your Business Achieve Energy Independence Throughout Connecticut & Westchester County, NY
All business sectors have the opportunity to go solar, including for- and not-for-profit organizations. Our Connecticut commercial solar panel experts help organizations reduce their dependence on the energy grid, to save on costs of operation. PurePoint Energy is proud to offer commercial solar panel installations to clients throughout Connecticut and Westchester County, NY. Our solar panels, solar batteries, and solar energy storage systems help companies lower their operations costs, create revenue, and reduce their carbon footprint.
Our Connecticut commercial solar panel services include:
- Solar for businesses
- Carport solar
- Solar for schools
- Commercial solar panel systems
- Solar for non-profits
- Farms + Greenhouses
By leveraging the use of solar, businesses can create an additional revenue stream as well as saving on their electricity bills. With great incentives such as the Federal Investment Tax Credit and Zero-Emission Renewable Energy Credits (available until the end of the year), there is no better time to go solar than now! In addition to prices dropping significantly over the recent years, there are also fantastic financing options available that allow you to be cash positive from day one.
There are several Commercial Solar Energy Incentives available, such as:
- Businesses are eligible for a 26% Federal Business Tax Credit
- The 2022 Inflation Reduction Act – will save homeowners and businesses on energy efficient upgrades including solar.
- 10 years of 30% Tax Credits
- Possible to get up to a 50% Tax Credit
- 10% Bonus Tax Credit is available if "Domestic Content Requirements" are met
- 10% Bonus Tax Credit for siting projects in communities where fossil fuel plants have closed
- The tax credit is now eligible for stand-alone energy storage systems
- The goal is to cut emissions by 40%, by the year 2030
- Ability to take an ITC (investment tax credit) or PTC (production tax credit). Our initial analysis is that the upfront ITC will provide better economics for residential, industrial, and commercial projects. The PTC may have better economics for a very large utility scale solar project (about 20MW or larger)
- NRES (Non-Residential Renewable Energy Solutions Program)
- 20 Year Program
- Sell the energy and Renewable Energy Credits (Doesn't lower your electric bill), OR
- Connect behind the meter - reduce your electric bill
- New For 2023 – The size of a solar system will no longer be limited to the load of a building. That allows for rooftops to be filled out with solar maximizing revenue streams
- Projects can now be up to 5MWs with the new solar program. That's up to 25 Acres worth of solar panels.
- Possible incentives adders for Carports combined with EV Chargers
- Shared Clean Energy Facility Program (SCEF) - a six-year competitive procurement program that will support up to 150 MW of new clean power generation in Connecticut.
Contact our Connecticut solar installation experts today to find out how much solar could save your company!
Why Invest in a Commercial Solar Panel System?
No matter what type of business you own, you require electricity to operate it. Part of running a successful company is keeping operational costs as low as possible so that you can maximize your profit. This includes having a smart energy solution that allows you to predict and minimize the expenses for electricity. A solar panel system is just such a solution.
The top reasons businesses benefit from solar panel installation include:
- You can protect your business from rising energy rates
- You can independently create your own energy
- You can save your company money on utility bills
- You can sell your surplus energy back to utility companies
- You can significantly increase the economic value of your property
- You can improve the public’s perception of your business
Owning a business in Connecticut or Westchester County, NY means that you are already paying more than 50% more for electricity than businesses in most other states. And who knows how high the rates will be in 10 years? By installing solar panels on your commercial property now, in 10 years, you might not need to care what the cost of energy is because your energy comes from the sun!
Contact us online or at (203) 642-4105 now to schedule a free consultation with our Connecticut & Westchester County, NY commercial solar panel specialists.
Our Financing Options
For commercial solar installations, we provide the following financing options:
- Purchase Power Agreement (PPA) – This is a long-term electricity supply agreement between two parties: a power producer and an electricity consumer or trader. The power producer designs, permits, and finances the installation of a solar energy system on the commercial property. In exchange, the host pays a fixed rate for energy that is usually less than the local rate for electricity.
- C-PACE Financing Loan – Low-cost, long-term financing for the cost of energy improvements on eligible properties. Through state legislated programs, tax credits, and specialized financing terms, a business is able to install a solar energy system and start benefiting from positive cash flow right away.
- Solar Roof Lease - A solar site lease is an agreement to lease your property for a solar installation. In a site lease agreement, you turn an unused space (a roof, unused land, or parking lot) into a valuable revenue stream.
Your Professional Contractor Will:
- Design your custom solution for quickest returns
- Timely completion of project supported by relationships with the utility
- Complete all required paperwork for permitting, interconnection and more, as a part of a turnkey solution
- Providing a concierge style of customer service, for your 5-star experience
Are Solar Panels Too Heavy For A Roof?
Often, solar panels are not too heavy for a commercial roof. Many business owners feel they need to reinforce their roof before installing solar panels, but this is usually not needed. A solar panel and all its mounting equipment only weigh 2-4 pounds per square foot.
Advantages of a solar roof lease:
- Uncomplicated and straightforward
- No upfront or ongoing costs
- Maintained and insured by CT Green Bank/Inclusive Capital for 20 years.
- There is a 20 year site lease for a new long term predictable revenue stream.
- Ways Farmers Can Benefit From Solar Energy
- What Are The Best Roof Types for Residential & Commercial Solar Panel Installation?
Contact (203) 642-4105 now to schedule a free consultation with our Connecticut & Westchester County, NY commercial solar panel specialists.